Under regular supervision of the Security Manager, carries out a variety of responsibilities to protect visitors, staff and museum properties from harm. Job duties include the staffing of the museum 24 / 7 to include weekends and holidays. Must be available to work your shift as well as having the capabilities of working the other shifts if needed. Shifts are as noted 2400 to 0800, 0800 to 1600, 1600 to 2400 and relief shift; other shifts as may be necessary. Schedules are set in advance, but flexibility is a matter of importance in the event of last minute changes or when special events arise.
Primary Job Functions
• Maintain a safe and secure Museum environment.
• Monitor the museum security and fire pads and respond accordingly when alarm activation occurs.
• Be observant for fire (or indications of fire), unusual noises or odors, or malfunctions of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and equipment. Take immediate corrective action or cause immediate corrective action to be taken in these matters.
• Secure all unlocked doors and turn off lights not necessary for normal Museum functions/operations, control the access to all locked areas and conduct guard tour patrols as required by standing or special orders.
• In the absence of an Attendant Supervisor, perform the duties and assume the responsibilities of the R/C-4, and supervise those staff members assigned to work as Attendants.
• Assist visitors and other on-duty personnel when requested, if such request does not violate Museum rules and regulations; maintain order and quiet in public and restricted areas; maintain liaison with local police, and conduct investigations as required and prepare subject reports.
• Maintain a record of portable fire extinguishers within the Museum complex and conduct the required monthly inspections of such equipment.
• Assist in the presentation of in-service programs related to security, fire and safety when requested.
• Regulate and control parking, within the parking lots/areas as required.
• Receive and place in safe keeping, Lost and Found items.
• Maintain a log of all activities occurring during assigned shifts and maintain security and safety records as required.
• Attend all required and recommended training sessions as designated by State and local agencies or the Security Director.
• Perform additional duties as required.
Part Time, Seasonal
Assist in the daily operations of the museum shop and comply with duties assigned by museum shop management. Demonstrate excellent communication skills and professional attitude. Previous experience in retail sales preferred. Baseball knowledge a plus.
Primary Job Functions
• Ensures customer needs are met and service is quick and efficient.
• Greet customers when entering and thanking customers when exiting.
• Aiding the museum shop reach its per capita sales requirements with proper sales techniques.
• Maintains store appearance and product presentation to organization standards.
• Proper and professional handling of phone inquiries.
• Adhere to and enforce museum shop guidelines.
• Be available to work 24-40 hours per week. Be flexible to work weekends, holidays and evenings as assigned.
• Be available to attend any trainings or meetings as requested by the museum shop manager.
• Additional duties as assigned.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking energetic, sales minded individuals to work part-time or seasonal in our Museum and/or Book Store. The successful members of our team will possess enthusiasm for what they do, excellent customer service skills and a keen interest to promote our exciting product line, all while working in a fun atmosphere with flexible scheduling. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking individuals who are outgoing, self-motivated, and customer oriented for part-time positions with our Membership team. Responsibilities will include on-site sales of new memberships and all aspects of customer service for our existing members. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.