Primary Job Functions
Ensuring museum shop service is outstanding. Maintain visual presentation on museum shop floor; welcome customers by greeting them; offer assistance; direct customers to racks and counters; suggest items.
Process payments by totaling purchases; processing checks (web sales only), cash, gift certificates and/or credit cards.
Call Center Responsibilities
Candidates for this position should have exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. They should be able to listen closely to their customers and record conversations in accurate detail. They should also be able to solve problems efficiently while maintaining a high standard of customer service. Previous customer-facing experience is very desirable for this role. Candidates will be trained to have the desired hard skills for this position, e.g. handling multi-line phones. As a rule, it’s good if they are comfortable with computers, have some basic knowledge of databases, and can type at least 30-45 words per minute. Exceptional call center representatives are good at working in teams. They respect and motivate their coworkers and can work together with them to achieve a common goal. They can work together to manage stress and turn to each other for day-to-day problem-solving.
Primary Job Functions
• Counting, tagging, warehousing and delivery of merchandise between stockroom, museum store and bookstore.
• Duties to include transporting of merchandise to museum store floor as needed.
• Pull and pack webstore orders.
• Receiving and preparation of merchandise for sale.
• Warehousing of merchandise stored in the stockroom.
• Retrieval of merchandise on demand from stockroom.
• Maintaining appearance of stockroom and all related work areas.
• Comply with all National Baseball Hall of Fame policy including standards of conduct.
• Be available to work flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• All other duties as assigned.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking energetic, sales minded individuals to work part-time or seasonal in our Museum and/or Book Store. The successful members of our team will possess enthusiasm for what they do, excellent customer service skills and a keen interest to promote our exciting product line, all while working in a fun atmosphere with flexible scheduling. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking individuals who are outgoing, self-motivated, and customer oriented for part-time positions with our Membership team. Responsibilities will include on-site sales of new memberships and all aspects of customer service for our existing members. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.