The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking a Staff Accountant. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will support the Director of Finance in carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities associated with accounting and financial operations. Provide management with financial information by preparing, researching and analyzing financial reports and data. Assist with the maintenance of a proper internal control environment. Prepare financial reports and oversee processing of transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). May directly or indirectly supervise clerical/associate level personnel.
• Reconciliations of asset and statement of activity related accounts including but not limited to cash, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, debt, revenue and expense accounts.
• Develop, review and implement proper procedures to support a proper internal control environment and safeguarding of assets.
• Prepare workpapers for, and interact with, external auditors from CPA firms and/or regulatory agencies.
Secondary Job Functions
• Performs related duties as assigned
4-year Degree in Accounting from Accredited College or University
Knowledge of computerized accounting system, ability to work independently, with detail, and are able to exhibit good organizational skills. Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public as well as communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
The Collections Coordinator assists with the organization and maintenance of the Hall of Fame collection and the dissemination of collections information to museum staff and patrons, providing support to the Director of Collections in the general functioning of the department.
Organizes and maintains the HOF artifact collection through the following duties:
• Monitoring of environmental conditions in archival spaces and noting conservation concerns of artifacts
• Proper housing of and storage of artifacts
• Photographing new accessions upon donation and the proper linking of images to collections databases
• Pulling, packing, and shipping of artifacts for all exhibits, loans, and internal and external programming
• Maintaining the appearance of storage and collections office areas.
• Travelling to locations that exhibit HOF artifacts to monitor and assist with installation/deinstallation of objects
• Dissemination of collections information through presentation of artifact information to on-site and off-site visitors
• Public programming related to the Hall of Fame collection
• Monitoring proper inventory of packing and archival supplies
• Participating in Classic Weekend, HOF Induction Weekend, and other HOF sponsored events as required
• Other duties as assigned
Graduate degree in Museum Studies or associated discipline preferred.
Three or more years of museum collections department experience. Must possess an extensive knowledge of professional standards regarding object handling, collections management, and documentation systems. Familiarity with digital asset management systems beneficial. Strong oral and written skills required.
Knowledge of baseball history and appreciation of the National Pastime. Ability to work in a team environment.
Typical Physical Demands
Lifting, packing, unpacking, ladder usage, movement of artifacts and crates of various sizes.
Typical Equipment Used
Computer, printer, scanner, fax, copier, digital camera.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking energetic, sales minded individuals to work part-time or seasonal in our Museum and/or Book Store. The successful members of our team will possess enthusiasm for what they do, excellent customer service skills and a keen interest to promote our exciting product line, all while working in a fun atmosphere with flexible scheduling. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking individuals who are outgoing, self-motivated, and customer oriented for part-time positions with our Membership team. Responsibilities will include on-site sales of new memberships and all aspects of customer service for our existing members. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking individuals who are self-motivated, energetic, and outgoing for part-time positions who would like to work with our stockroom team. Responsibilities will include unloading merchandise from delivery trucks, inventory, lifting heavy objects, and some customer service skills. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.