Make a gift to support our education programs, family events and artifact conservation
As we approach the end of 2010, we can't help but to pause and reflect on all the Hall of Fame has accomplished and how much we've grown, working together.
Cooperstown continues to be the heart and soul of our Game and its glorious history. With your generous support, the Hall of Fame continues to evolve and remain relevant in our ever changing world.
DECADE IN REVIEW
- Membership Growth: we have more than 30,000 members representing all 50 states and 20 other countries around the world;
- Museum and Exhibit Expansion: we completed a $20 million renovation and the opening of seven major permanent exhibitions;
- Artifact Care and Preservation: we continue to add 300-400 new artifacts each year to our collection of 38,000 pieces, all of which have been donated and will be cared for in perpetuity;
- Educational Institution: we reach into classrooms across the nation, utilizing state-of-the-art videoconference technology, connecting with more than 20,000 students annually and providing them with an educational experience;
- Hall of Fame Classic: two years ago we launched a new Father's Day tradition with our inaugural Hall of Fame Classic Weekend. Played at Doubleday Field, the legends baseball game features Hall of Famers and other retired major league greats.
GOALS FOR THE NEXT DECADE
We look forward to building on these successes and have an aggressive set of goals for the next decade, which can be accomplished with your continued support.
- New Exhibits: we have identified four important stories we would like to tell through permanent exhibits in the coming years including One for the Books: Baseball Records and the Stories Behind Them, amateur baseball, scouts and minor league baseball;
- Education Programs: we are committed to embracing new technologies to improve the educational experience for our ever-growing student audience across the country;
- Digitize our Collection: with the new relationship we forged with EMC, we are in the process of creating a plan to digitize our collection to ensure our historic relics are preserved forever in a digital format, which will allow a worldwide audience unprecedented access to our massive collection.
HELP THE HALL OF FAME
For more information on the above programs and initiatives, read the complete letter from Hall of Fame President Jeff Idelson.
Please consider a gift to support goals for the next decade and to help us continue to fulfill our mission to preserve history, honor excellence and connection generations.