Hall of Fame Celebrates World Series Weekend, Honoring New York Yankees, May 22-23 in Cooperstown
World Series Trophy, Special Yankee-Themed Programs Highlight Weekend Schedule
COOPERSTOWN, NY – The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum will host its annual World Series Weekend, May 22-23, in Cooperstown, honoring the 2009 New York Yankees with two days of programming and special events highlighting their 27th World Championship, featuring a special appearance of the Yankees World Series trophy.
Museum visitors will have the chance to re-live the 2009 season and create new memories at the home of baseball, where artifacts of the Yankees’ world title will be forever preserved. Many of those artifacts are on display in the Museum’s exhibit Autumn Glory, which celebrates each season’s playoff and World Series teams.
Programs that will be offered both May 22 and 23 at the Museum include:
- Special Yankees-related tour through the Museum offered throughout both days
- Yankees Trivia in the Bullpen Theater, with games for all ages
- Special Artifacts Spotlight presentations featuring artifacts from Yankees history
- Public display of the 2009 World Champions Trophy in the Museum
All programs are included with regular Museum admission. The Museum will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. both days.
Yankees fans can relive the team’s 2009 World Series title throughout 2010 through Autumn Glory, a tribute to the 2009 postseason. Among the items on display from New York’s six-game victory over the Philadelphia Phillies, which delivered New York its first World Series title since 2000, are:
- Hideki Matsui’s Game 6 bat from the contest where the World Series MVP drove in six runs
- Mariano Rivera’s postseason cap
- Alex Rodriguez's Game 6 spikes
- Derek Jeter’s Game 6 bat
- Andy Pettitte’s World Series cap
- Johnny Damon’s spikes from his Game 4 double steal
- Jorge Posada’s catcher’s mask
- Jose Molina’s catcher’s mask
- And the scorecard of Suzyn Waldman, the first female World Series broadcaster, from Game 6
A special Yankees Weekend travel package is available from Sports Travel and Tours. The package includes: Two nights accommodations in Cooperstown, NY - May 21st and 22nd, including hotel taxes; car rental; two days admission to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum; a Membership to the Baseball Hall of Fame; a trip souvenir and much more. For more information, call 1-800-662-4424 or visit www.sportstravelandtours.com.
For more information on Yankees Weekend at the Hall of Fame, call 1-888-Hall-of-Fame or visit www.baseballhall.org.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is open seven days a week year round, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. The Museum observes hours of 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. from the day after Labor Day until Memorial Day Weekend. From Memorial Day through Labor Day, the Museum is open from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Ticket prices are $16.50 for adults (13 and over), $11 for seniors (65 and over) and for those holding current memberships in the VFW, Disabled American Veterans, American Legion and AMVets organizations, and $6 for juniors (ages 7-12). Members are always admitted free of charge and there is no charge for children 6 years of age or younger. For more information, visit our Web site at baseballhall.org or call 888-HALL-OF-FAME (888-425-5633) or 607-547-7200.