Tickets Now Available for June 20 Hall of Fame Classic in Cooperstown
All-Stars Jeff Kent, Bert Campaneris Added to Legends Game Roster that Includes Seven Hall of Famers; Seats on Sale via Phone
COOPERSTOWN, NY – The stars are lining up to play in the Father’s Day Hall of Fame Classic in Cooperstown, and starting today the general public can purchase tickets for the annual legends game.
Seats are now on sale for the June 20 Hall of Fame Classic at Doubleday Field in Cooperstown. Hall of Famers Gary Carter, Bob Feller, Rollie Fingers, Goose Gossage, Harmon Killebrew, Phil Niekro and Ozzie Smith will headline the Hall of Fame Classic along with more than 20 other former major leaguers in the Father’s Day legends game. Former National League Most Valuable Player Jeff Kent, six-time All-Star and three-time World Series champion Bert Campaneris and former Dodgers hero Tim Leary have recently been added to the Classic roster.
Tickets for the Hall of Fame Classic are available by calling 607.547.0397 or by visiting the Museum store. Tickets are $12.50 for first and third base seats and $11 for outfield seats. Phone orders will be taken from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Classic Weekend will feature a slate of family friendly activities, highlighted by the return of the Hall of Fame Classic. Other activities planned for Classic Weekend include the Cooperstown Golf Classic fundraiser for the Museum, a reprise of the popular “Family Catch,” the Youth Skills Clinic hosted by several former major league players, a special Voices of the Game program, and other special programs throughout the Museum.
The 2010 Hall of Fame Classic will once again be presented by Ford Motor Company, who was the game’s presenting sponsor for the inaugural event in 2009.
In addition to the seven Hall of Famers, 14 other former major leaguers have been named to the roster, including:
- All-Star outfielder Kevin Bass
- Paul Blair, an eight-time Gold Glove-winning outfielder and four-time World Series champion
- Brian Boehringer, former Yankees, Padres, Giants and Pirates pitcher
- Fred Cambria, member of the 1970 NL East Champion Pirates
- Six-time All-Star and three-time World Series champion Bert Campaneris
- Frank DiPino, a former lefty reliever with 56 career saves
- John Doherty, former Tigers and Red Sox pitcher
- Dave Fleming, former 17-game winner for the Mariners
- Steve Grilli, former Tigers and Blue Jays pitcher
- Jim Hannan, former Senators, Tigers and Brewers pitcher
- Jeff Kent, the 2000 National League MVP
- Tim Leary, a hero of the 1988 World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bill Madlock, a four-time National League batting champion
- Tim McIntosh, former catcher/outfielder for the Brewers, Expos and Yankees
- Dickie Noles, helped the Phillies to the first-ever World Championship in 1980
- Mike Pagliarulo, former Yankees, Padres, Twins, Orioles and Rangers third baseman
- Dennis Rasmussen, a former 18-game winner with the Yankees
- Desi Relaford, former infielder who logged games at all nine positions during his career
- World Champion with the 1997 Marlins, Tony Saunders
- Rich Surhoff, former Phillies and Rangers pitcher
- Jon Warden, former Tigers left-handed pitcher
- Mark Whiten, Drove in a record-tying 12 runs in a 1993 game for Cardinals
The Hall of Fame Classic will be preceded by the Cooperstown Game Day Parade, presented by the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce, the village of Cooperstown and the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, beginning at noon on Main Street. Game participants will ride in the parade on their way to Doubleday Field. The Legends Hitting Contest will begin at 1 p.m., followed by the Hall of Fame Classic at 2 p.m.
On Saturday, June 19, the Museum will present the return of “Family Catch” at Doubleday Field from 12-2 p.m. Beginning at 3 p.m., the Hall of Fame and the MLBPAA will present the Youth Skills Clinic at Doubleday Field, featuring former major league players as instructors. At 7 p.m., the Museum will host a roundtable discussion with the seven Hall of Fame members. Advance registration is required for all events. Please call 607-547-0397 for more information.
Open seven days a week the year round, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day, the Hall of Fame is open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. until Memorial Day Weekend. Summer hours extend until Labor Day, from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. daily. Ticket prices are $16.50 for adults (13 and over), $11 for seniors (65 and over) and for those holding current memberships in the VFW, Disabled American Veterans, American Legion and AMVets organizations, and $6 for juniors (ages 7-12). Members are always admitted free of charge and there is no charge for children six years of age or younger, active and retired card-carrying military personnel. For more information, visit our Web site at www.baseballhall.org or call 888-HALL-OF-FAME (888-425-5633) or 607-547-7200.