Treasures from Giants World Series Sweep Arrive in Cooperstown
Museum’s Annual Autumn Glory Exhibit to Open in November at Cooperstown Shrine
(COOPERSTOWN, NY) – For the second time in three years, Cooperstown is set to become “San Francisco-East” as treasures from the Giants’ remarkable World Series run arrive at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
Eight artifacts from the 2012 World Series have already been delivered to the Museum and will soon be on display in the Museum’s Autumn Glory exhibit, which spotlights the annual Fall Classic. The 2012 Autumn Glory exhibit will be unveiled in November and remain on display through the 2013 World Series. Admission to the exhibit is included with a regular Hall of Fame ticket.
Artifacts donated by the World Series champion San Francisco Giants include:
- The bat used by Pablo Sandoval to hit two of his three home runs in Game 1, which made Sandoval just the fourth player to have a three-home run game in World Series competition.
- The jersey worn by Ryan Vogelsong in Game 3, when he tossed 5 2/3rd innings en route to the victory.
- The warm-up jacket worn by manager Bruce Bochy throughout the World Series.
- The fielder’s glove used by Gregor Blanco throughout the 2012 regular season and postseason
- The bat used throughout the World Series by Hunter Pence.
- The spikes worn by Marco Scutaro throughout the postseason.
- The cap worn by Brandon Crawford during the postseason.
- The spikes worn by Matt Cain during the World Series.
The Museum collections contain many artifacts documenting the entire history of World Series and postseason play, including Don Larsen’s cap and Yogi Berra’s mitt from Larsen’s 1956 perfect game; Bill Mazeroski’s (1960) and Joe Carter’s (1993) bats from their Series-ending blasts; and World Series rings from the last century of Fall Classic competition.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is open seven days a week year round, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. The Museum observes regular hours of 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. from Labor Day until Memorial Day Weekend. From Memorial Day Weekend through the day before Labor Day, the Museum observes summer hours of 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Ticket prices are $19.50 for adults (13 and over), $12 for seniors (65 and over) and for those holding current memberships in the VFW, Disabled American Veterans, American Legion and AMVets organizations, and $7 for juniors (ages 7-12). Members are always admitted free of charge and there is no charge for children 6 years of age or younger. For more information, visit our Web site at baseballhall.org or call 888-HALL-OF-FAME (888-425-5633) or 607-547-7200.