Tribute Exhibits to Dawson, Harvey and Herzog Now On Display in Cooperstown
Class of 2010 Honored at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
COOPERSTOWN, NY – From the moment they were elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Andre Dawson, Doug Harvey and Whitey Herzog were immortalized in Cooperstown.
Now, their legacies come alive for all Museum visitors to see in a new 2010 Inductees exhibit, on display through next spring at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
“These exhibits give baseball fans a chance to see where these inductees fit into baseball history,” said John Odell, curator of history and research for the Baseball Hall of Fame. “Through artifacts and images, visitors to the Museum can focus on the personal, individual story of each of these Hall of Famers.”
The cases, one for each member of the Hall of Fame class of 2010, are located on the first floor of the Museum as visitors approach the Plaque Gallery. They will remain on display until May 2011, when a new class of inductees are feted in the Museum.
Some of the artifact highlights contained in the Class of 2010 exhibits include:
- A 1982 Montreal Expos cap worn by Andre Dawson
- The glove Dawson used in 1983 when he won his fourth of eight career Gold Gloves in the outfield
- Dawson’s 1987 MVP trophy
- A ticket from the first Major League game ever officiated by Doug Harvey and a home plate from his last game
- A full umpire’s uniform worn by Harvey, including the trademark National League blue blazer
- A cap from Herzog’s 1,000th managerial win
- A uniform worn by Herzog when he managed the Cardinals and an Orioles uniform worn by Herzog as a player
- The scouting card Herzog created on fellow inductee Andre Dawson when he played for Montreal
The New Inductee Exhibits are included as part of the Museum experience, with regular admission to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is open from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week through Labor Day. Off-season hours are from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily until Memorial Day Weekend. Ticket prices are $16.50 for adults (13 and over), $11 for seniors (65 and over) and for those holding current memberships in the VFW, Disabled American Veterans, American Legion and AMVets organizations, and $6 for juniors (ages 7-12). Members are always admitted free of charge and there is no charge for children 6 years of age or younger. For more information, visit our Web site at baseballhall.org or call 888-HALL-OF-FAME (888-425-5633) or 607-547-7200.