Hall of Fame Celebrates Astros Historic World Series Victory with New Museum Exhibit
Artifacts from Fall Classic on Display in Museum’s Autumn Glory Exhibit Starting Feb. 16; 2017 World Series Trophy Coming to Cooperstown Aug. 4-5
Houston, there are no problems with your baseball team. The Hall of Fame has the exhibit to prove it.
The Museum’s exhibit honoring the 2017 World Series champion Astros, which is part of the permanent Autumn Glory exhibit, opens Friday, Feb. 16 and features artifacts, photographs and ephemera detailing the Astros’ first-ever World Series title.
Artifacts in the exhibit include:
• Glove used by Astros third baseman Alex Bregman throughout the series
• Orange road jersey worn by Astros pitcher Francisco Liriano in Game 7
• Cap worn by Game 7 winning pitcher Charlie Morton
• Road jersey worn in Game 6 by Justin Verlander
• Ball used in Game 7
• Helmet worn by Derek Fisher in Game 5 when he scored the winning run in the 10th inning
• On-deck circle bat weight used by Astros hitters throughout the World Series
Also included in the exhibit will be 2017 World Series tickets, press pins and a program, along with the following artifacts representing the National League champion Los Angeles Dodgers:
• Home jersey used by Chris Taylor in Game 2
• Road jersey worn by Joc Pederson in Game 4
• Cap and spikes worn by Brendan Morrow throughout the World Series when he became only the second pitcher to appear in each game of a seven-game World Series
Entrance to the Autumn Glory exhibit is included with Museum admission. Visitors to the Museum can celebrate the 2017 World Series by attending a special guided tour – included with Museum admission – at 11 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 23.
Then in August, as the pennant races heat up, the symbol of the Astros’ historic championship will come to Cooperstown.
The Hall of Fame will host Astros Weekend Aug. 4-5, with the 2017 World Series Trophy on display at the Museum both days. Museum visitors will have the chance to relive the 2017 season and create new memories in Cooperstown, where artifacts of the Astros’ world title will be preserved forever.
The trophy will be on exhibit at the Museum from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 4 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 5. Visitors will be permitted to take pictures with the trophy.
The Museum will be open from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. both days. Throughout the weekend, visitors can learn about the history of the Houston Astros through guided exhibit tours, artifact spotlights, player profiles, trivia contests, themed craft stations and other special opportunities.
Autumn Glory will feature the 2017 Astros artifacts through the end of the 2018 World Series, when artifacts from the most recent Fall Classic will be put on exhibit.
A photo of the new Autumn Glory exhibit can be downloaded at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7X-7gdvE8oUeHpsMG9TV0pnSFk.