Extra Inning Overnight
Be one of the lucky few to spend a night with baseball's legends! Each year the National Baseball Hall of Fame offers several exclusive overnight experiences.
Children ages 7-12 and their parents can sleep amidst the plaques and artifacts of baseball's greatest players, and share the experience of a lifetime. The evening includes all-access to the museum's public areas after hours, special hands-on programs throughout the museum, and a late night snack and a baseball movie. To book your experience, please call 607-547-0329.
The Extra Innings Overnight experience includes:
• A unique chance to explore the entire museum after hours
• A private showing of The Baseball Experience in our Grandstand Theater
• Activity Stations throughout the museum run by museum staff
• An evening snack
• Sleeping accommodations in the Hall of Fame Gallery and in exhibit spaces.
• A light morning breakfast
• Junior participants receive a Hall of Fame knapsack filled with mementos of your experience
• The cost of the program is $50 per person
Typical Extra Innings Overnight Schedule
• 6:00: Doors Open
• 6:00 – 6:45: Registration
• 7:00: Welcome / Orientation / The Baseball Experience film
• 7:30 – 9:15: Free time in museum (Including special activity stations)
• 9:15 – 11:00: Group Activity
• 11:00 – 11:30: Lights out
• 7:00: Wake Up Call
• 7:00 – 8:00: Breakfast
• 8:00: Pack-up and exit
• 9:00: Museum opens to the public / all campers receive free admission
What is the minimum number of people needed for an Overnight Program?
There is NO minimum required for individuals interested in the Extra Inning Overnight. There is a minimum number of participants needed overall in order for an Extra Inning Overnight to take place. The minimum number of participants overall is 20. If we have fewer than 20 participants, we reserve the right to cancel the program.
What is the maximum number of participants?
Our maximum capacity for the Extra Innings Overnight Program is 100, including adult chaperones.
Is there a minimum age for youth participants?
Yes, all youth participants must be 7 to 12 years old.
Are adults required to spend the night?
Yes, we require adult supervision for all group sizes. We require a 6:1 child to adult ratio for large groups.
What time should I arrive and when is the program over?
Check-in for the program begins at 6:30 pm with the program starting at 7 pm. Activities run until a little after 11 pm. All participants and their belongings must be removed from the Museum by 8:00 am, but are welcome to return when the museum opens at 9 am.
What should we bring?
All participants should bring:
• Sleeping bag and pillow (air mattresses are encouraged; we have outlets for pumps, but we do not supply pumps) No tents are allowed inside the museum.
• Appropriate sleepwear (it can sometimes get cold at night in our large museum halls so bring layers)
• Toothbrush, toothpaste, and other toiletries; there are no shower facilities available.
• Flashlight (optional)
• You may bring cameras with flash capacity and/or video cameras.
What should we NOT bring?
• Any outside food
• Electronics (mp3 players, video games, etc.)
What is the registration process?
Registrations are only accepted by phone. Please call the Education Department at 607-547-0329 to check the availability of the dates you prefer and to register for the program. Dates sell out quickly, so please have a second and third option prepared in case your first choice is sold out.
For youth group bookings: After registering, a booking packet will be emailed or sent to you with information relating to the overnight. Full payment for the overnight experience is due 30 days prior to the program. In the event of a cancellation within 30 days of the program, your money will be refunded, minus a 10% deposit fee to cover our costs. If you fail to meet payment deadlines we reserve the right to offer your spots to another group. Our youth group dates are popular, and we maintain a waiting list.
For families: A payment will need to be made upon booking to save your reservation. After registering, a booking packet will be sent to you with information relating to the overnight. You may bring the parental consent forms for each child with you on the night of the overnight. Refunds can only be given up until a month before the overnight.
Can we bring food?
No. We ask that you eat dinner before your arrival. To protect the artifacts, outside food is not permitted into the museum. An evening snack and a morning breakfast will be provided.
If your child has allergies, please alert us when registering and you can pack a special snack for them.
Will the Museum Shop be open?
The Museum Shop will remain closed for the evening but you are welcome to return to the museum the following morning at 9 am to visit the shop. All overnighters receive a 10% discount.
Can we leave early?
Yes. Campers may leave early if needed after notifying overnight staff. However, they will not be permitted to return and there will be no refund.
What about snow storms/severe weather?
A decision will be made by noon on the day of the event. If the event is cancelled, we will make every effort to reschedule the event.