Astros Weekend Aug. 4-6 at Hall of Fame
(COOPERSTOWN, NY) – Houston, prepare for a summer splashdown in Cooperstown.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum will celebrate the Houston Astros’ 2022 World Series title Aug. 4-6 at the home of baseball. The weekend will be highlighted by a visit by the 2022 World Series trophy during Astros Weekend, with the symbol of the Astros’ title on display at the Museum Aug. 5-6. Visitors will have the chance to relive the 2022 season and create new memories in Cooperstown, where artifacts from the Astros’ world title will be preserved forever.
The trophy will be on exhibit at the Museum from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 5 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6. Visitors will be permitted to take pictures with the trophy. A 2022 Astros World Series ring will also be on display as part of the Museum’s Autumn Glory exhibit.
The Museum will be open from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. both days. Throughout the weekend, visitors can learn about the history of the Astros through guided exhibit tours, artifact spotlights, trivia contests, themed craft stations and other special opportunities.
The Museum’s exhibit honoring the 2022 World Series champion Astros, which is part of the permanent Autumn Glory exhibit, features artifacts, photographs and ephemera detailing the Astros second World Series title.
Artifacts in the exhibit include:
- Jersey worn by World Series MVP Jeremy Peña during Game 1
- Game 2 jersey, wristbands and box of toothpicks from Astros manager Dusty Baker
- Glove used by outfielder Chas McCormick when he made a game-saving catch in Game 5
- Spikes worn by starting pitcher Justin Verlander in Game 5 when he won his first career World Series start
- Spikes worn by closer Ryan Pressly when he closed out the clinching Game 6
- Ball thrown by Cristian Javier from Game 4 combined no-hitter and signed by all four Astros pitchers as well as catcher Christian Vázquez
- Scorecard kept by Hall of Famer and FOX broadcaster John Smoltz during Game 4 combined no-hitter
Entrance to the Autumn Glory exhibit is included with Museum admission.
Autumn Glory will feature the 2022 Astros artifacts through the end of the 2023 World Series, when artifacts from the most recent Fall Classic will be put on exhibit.