Hall of Fame Inductees Exhibit for Class of 2023 on Display in Cooperstown
(COOPERSTOWN, NY) – This weekend, two new Hall of Famers will be enshrined in Cooperstown, and the pair of inductees will have several artifacts from their careers represented through pieces in the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
The Museum’s 2023 Inductees Exhibit celebrates the careers of Class of 2023 members Fred McGriff and Scott Rolen. The exhibit is open on the Museum’s third floor and will remain on display until spring of 2024.
Among the artifacts highlighting the Class of 2023 include:
- The bat used by Fred McGriff to hit his 400th home run on June 2, 2000.
- McGriff’s World Series ring from the Atlanta Braves’ 1995 championship victory over the Cleveland Indians.
- The jersey worn by McGriff in the 1994 All-Star Game as he hit a game-tying, pinch-hit home run in the bottom of the ninth.
- Scott Rolen’s Sporting News National League Rookie Player of the Year Award from 1997 – a season in which he batted .283 with 21 home runs and 92 RBI for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- A jersey worn by Rolen during the 2006 World Series as the St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Detroit Tigers.
- Rolen’s 2010 Gold Glove Award – the eighth and final of his 17-year big league career.
Admission to the Museum’s Inductees Exhibit is included with regular Museum admission.
The 2023 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held at 1:30 p.m. ET on July 23 on the grounds of the Clark Sports Center in Cooperstown and will be shown live exclusively on MLB Network. More than four dozen Hall of Famers are expected to attend to honor the Class of 2023. Admission to the Induction Ceremony is free.
Join MLB Youth Ambassador Coach Ballgame for special PLAY BALL events on Friday, July 21, and Saturday, July 22, at Doubleday Field. Advance registration requested. For more information, visit baseballhall.org/events.
For more information on Hall of Fame Weekend, please visit baseballhall.org/HOFW.