2023 Induction Ceremony
Sign up to receive Hall of Fame Weekend updates
The Sunday, July 23, Induction Ceremony will take place on the grounds outside of the Clark Sports Center, which is located on lower Susquehanna Avenue, just one mile south of the Hall of Fame. The Ceremony is held rain or shine, unless severe weather forces the cancellation of the event. Professional interpreters will be provided for the hearing impaired.
The Induction Ceremony historically lasts two-to-three hours. Lawn seating for the event is unlimited and free of charge. A blanket or lawn chair is recommended for comfortable viewing. As the weather in Cooperstown can be warm in July, it is recommended that visitors bring a cap and sunscreen. Clear bags are recommended. All bags are subject to search. Drone flights are prohibited.
Merchandise, including the 2023 Induction Program, and Museum membership packages are available for purchase at the Induction site. Refreshments are sold at the site. For information on reserved seating options granted to Museum members, please call 607-547-0397.
Two special paid parking lots will be available only on Sunday, July 23. These lots are located adjacent to the Blue Trolley Lot on Linden Avenue (paid lot is Cy Young Lot) and on Route 33 just east of the Induction Site (paid lot is the Hank Aaron Lot). Trolley service extends to the Cy Young Lot but neither Trolley nor bus service extends to the Hank Aaron Lot.
Additional Hall of Fame Weekend Privileges for Members
- Exclusive early access to the Museum on Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- Free admission to the Hall of Fame throughout the year
- A special members-only entrance to the Hall of Fame to avoid long lines
- Reserved seating for the Induction Ceremony for Contributor, President’s Circle and Benefactor Members
- A complimentary copy of the Commemorative Hall of Fame Weekend Program
- Priority access to the Legends of the Game Roundtable program on Monday
For more information about becoming a Hall of Fame Member, click here.
Learn More About the Museum
Throughout Induction Weekend, the Hall of Fame will host a series of educational programs and fan-friendly experiences designed to connect generations of all ages in activities and events featuring baseball luminaries in the timeless and pastoral village of Cooperstown. Additional programming will be announced soon.
Planned activities for Hall of Fame Weekend 2023 include:
Hall of Fame Weekend Events
- Friday, July 21: PLAY Ball with Ozzie Smith & special guests (Hall of Famers TBA) 8-11 a.m.
- Saturday, July 22: Hall of Fame Awards Presentation, Alice Busch Opera Theater (Private Event) 3 p.m.
- Saturday, July 22: Hall of Fame Parade of Legends, Main Street 6 p.m.
- Sunday, July 23: Induction Ceremony, Grounds of Clark Sports Center 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 24: Legends of the Game Roundtable: Doubleday Field 10:30 a.m. (Featuring Fred McGriff and Scott Rolen)
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum has teamed up with Sports Travel and Tours to offer baseball fans a one-stop opportunity to purchase Hall of Fame Weekend travel packages. For more information or to plan a trip to Cooperstown, please call 1-888-310-HALL (4255). Membership participants receive a 5% discount on all their baseball travel packages.
Accommodation information is available through thisiscooperstown.com/lodging and through the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce at 607-547-9983. For driving directions from major cities, area cities and local airports, visit the directions page at the Hall of Fame’s website for more information.