Hall of Fame Commemorates Opening Day with Celebration of Baseball in Cooperstown
(COOPERSTOWN, NY) – As the new Major League Baseball season dawns, a historic 2022 is unfolding at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
Highlighted by the return of the Hall of Fame Classic legends game and the Class of 2022 Induction Ceremony, the Museum’s 2022 events calendar features fan favorites and the launch of new and exciting programs.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer our guests the full Hall of Fame experience for the first time in more than two years,” said Josh Rawitch, President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. “As fans around the world celebrate the return of baseball on Opening Day, we’re privileged to preserve the game’s history, honor its heroes and connect generations of fans every day in Cooperstown.”
Highlights of the 2022 Hall of Fame offerings include:
- The reopening of the Museum’s Learning Center, the first-floor space dedicated to Education outreach and featuring regular guest-centered programs
- Guided Museum tours, where guests will learn about the stories behind the artifacts and fascinating details about America's National Pastime
- The return of the VIP Experience, where – on select dates throughout the spring and fall – guests can experience this special two-day program featuring special behind-the-scenes opportunities
- The re-launch of the Museum’s Starting Nine experience, a team-specific scavenger hunt built for the ultimate baseball fan that includes a lineup of must-sees from our vast collection
- The reopening of the Museum’s first-floor Bookstore, which features books ranging from biographies to children’s works, including the latest titles under our Baseball Hall of Fame Books imprint
The unofficial start of summer will feature the return of the Hall of Fame Classic to Doubleday Field on Saturday, May 28, as part of the Memorial Day Weekend celebration. Hall of Famers Wade Boggs, Fergie Jenkins, Jack Morris, Tim Raines and Ted Simmons will join players representing all 30 current big league teams for a seven-inning legends game. Hall of Fame Classic Weekend also features the Night at the Ballpark event as well as the Cooperstown Classic Clinic. Tickets are on sale now at 1-888-325-0470 or by clicking here.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame’s 2022 Induction Ceremony will feature David Ortiz, elected in his first year on the Baseball Writers’ Association of America ballot, along with Golden Days Era Committee electees Gil Hodges, Jim Kaat, Minnie Miñoso and Tony Oliva and Early Baseball Era Committee electees Bud Fowler and Buck O’Neil. The Class of 2022 will be formally inducted during the event beginning at 1:30 p.m. EDT on Sunday, July 24, on the grounds of the Clark Sports Center in Cooperstown, which will feature speeches representing each new Hall of Famer. The 2022 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be shown live exclusively on MLB Network.
For more information on visiting the Hall of Fame, please click here.