Labor History: Hardballs and Handshakes
Behind the big salaries are complex negotiations between labor and management. Students compare and contrast models of resolving differences by exploring player organizations in baseball's labor history.
Thematic Unit Objective
- Recognize the economic effects of marginal utility.
- Understand the role of consumer demand in determining price.
- Identify factors that contribute to the changing level of consumer demand for a given product.
- Create a demand schedule and demand curve.
- Explain how a cost index is designed and used.
Lesson 1 (Pre-Visit):
Lesson 2: On-Site Visit or Virtual Field Trip
Students will work with museum teachers to reinforce concepts and ideas introduced in the classroom.