Treasures from Cooperstown Coming to Capital Region for Tri-City ValleyCats Game on Saturday
Hall of Fame Night Gives Fans at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium a Chance to See History as ValleyCats Host the Staten Island Yankees at 7 p.m.
(COOPERSTOWN, NY) – The treasures of the game reside just down the road from the Capital Region in Cooperstown. But on Saturday, some of those artifacts will travel from the home of baseball to Troy as the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum teams up with the Tri-City ValleyCats.
The seventh annual Hall of Fame Night with the Tri-City ValleyCats will be held Saturday, June 27 at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium in Troy. All fans in attendance for the 7 p.m. game against the Staten Island Yankees will have the chance to see selected artifacts from the Museum’s unparalleled collection of baseball history.
The 2015 class of Frank and Peggy Steele Interns from the Baseball Hall of Fame will provide fans with an opportunity to see and learn about five of the Museum’s treasures, which will make the trip from Cooperstown to Troy. The artifacts on display will include:
- Derek Jeter’s batting gloves from Sept. 11, 2009 when he recorded his 2,722nd hit, setting a Yankees record
- A 1928 model mitt from Troy native Johnny Evers, who earned election to the Hall of Fame after a stellar 18-year big league career
- David Ortiz’s batting gloves from July 4, 2012 when he hit his 400th career home run
- Jeff Bagwell’s spikes from the 2000 season when he set a National League record with 295 runs scored over a two-year span
- A ball signed by Class of 2015 Hall of Fame electee Craig Biggio
All of these artifacts will be on display at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium during the ValleyCats game on Saturday night.
The Baseball Hall of Fame’s Membership team will be on hand to provide information about the Hall of Fame’s Membership program. Members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum receive free admission to the Museum, as well as access to exclusive programs, such as the annual All-Star Gala and World Series Gala. Additionally, members receive a subscription to the Hall of Fame's bi-monthly magazine, Memories and Dreams, the annual Hall of Fame Yearbook and a 10 percent discount and free shipping on retail purchases.
For information on becoming a member, please visit www.baseballhall.org/support/become-a-member or call 607-547-0397.