Inductees Exhibit for Class of 2017 Now on Display in Cooperstown
Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines, Iván Rodríguez, John Schuerholz and Bud Selig to be Inducted July 30 in Cooperstown
(COOPERSTOWN, NY) – Their careers shaped the landscape of the National Pastime for more than two decades. Now, in anticipation of their induction to the Hall of Fame as the Class of 2017, their story is told in Cooperstown.
The 2017 Inductees Exhibit is open at the Hall of Fame and will remain on display through May of 2018, when a new class of inductees is celebrated in Cooperstown.
The exhibit, featuring one display each for Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines, Iván Rodríguez, John Schuerholz and Bud Selig, is located on the first floor of the Museum as visitors approach the Plaque Gallery.
Some of the artifact highlights contained in the Class of 2017 exhibit include:
• Jeff Bagwell’s 1994 National League Most Valuable Player Award
• A Montreal Expos jersey worn by Tim Raines during his rookie season of 1981 when he stole 71 bases in 88 games
• A bat used by Iván Rodríguez during the 2003 World Series with the Marlins
• Personal World Series trophies from the 1985 Royals and 1995 Braves given to John Schuerholz, who was the general manager for both teams
• A pitching rubber from the first interleague game on June 12, 1997, highlighting Commissioner Bud Selig’s work to bring interleague play to MLB
Visitors will also be able to visualize the Class of 2017’s achievements via a highlight video display as part of this year’s exhibit.
Admission to the Museum’s Inductees Exhibit is included with regular Museum admission.
The 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held at 1:30 p.m. ET on July 30 at the Clark Sports Center in Cooperstown and will be shown live on MLB Network. More than four dozen Hall of Famers are expected to attend, with the full list of returnees to be announced in early July, to honor the Class of 2017. Admission to the Induction Ceremony is free.
For more information on Hall of Fame Weekend, please visit www.baseballhall.org/hofweekend.